Full-time: M-F and weekends as scheduled
Additional and expanded hours as necessary during rush and special events
These are full-time, hourly positions responsible for accurately and efficiently completing accounts payable and other accounting functions. These positions report to the Controller. As a staff accountant you will be responsible for tax preparation, AP processing, reviewing the general ledger, performing account analysis and reconciliation, conducting initial internal control evaluation and posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals.
· Perform complex accounts payable functions following standardized procedures and practices.
· Verifies, allocates, and posts details of transactions to appropriate accounts.
· Reconciles vendor invoices, contacting vendor by phone to settle discrepancies
· Reconciles and balances accounts. Analyzes accounts, records, ledgers, reports and similar accounting documents for accuracy
· Assists with closing of month and annual cycles, verifying accounts and reconciling statements
· Completes other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills Required
· Associates degree or higher in Accounting related coursework or equivalent on-the-job experience in a related field.
· Debit and credit knowledge with solid understanding of Accounts Payable process
· Understanding of retail inventory/accounting
· 10-key by touch and data entry.
· Excellent phone skills with ability to communicate complex issues and problem solve effectively in high pressure situations.
·Proven knowledge of Microsoft programs is a must. Specific focus on Excel functions to include csv uploads.
3+ years' experience as a Staff Accountant or working in General Ledger
· Demonstrated skill in detail-oriented tasks.
· Responds effectively to high demand situations. Remains calm and professional in stressful situations with multiple demands and where multiple tasks must be completed
· Effective and tactful approach to problem solving with coworkers and customers.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Detail-oriented and organized approach to work, with strong planning skills.
· Excellent record of attendance, reliability and initiative in previous employment.
· Commitment to delivering the Duck Store’s customer service expectations with enthusiasm and energy.
This is an hourly position. Work schedule will be primarily Monday-Friday to include some weekend shifts or evening shifts during start of academic term, inventory weekend and audit.
Wage and Benefits
$15-$18 or commensurate with experience and education. After required waiting periods benefits include medical, dental, life, flexible spending account; holiday, vacation and sick pay; 401(k) pension plan; merchandise discount; employee assistance program; and UO Associate ID.
Required application available on-line at www.Jobs.UODuckStore.com. Applicants will be required to complete an on-site skills test. Position open until filled.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.