We are looking for exceptional talent to join our growing Team!
Do you love blueberries? For 40 years, Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® has cultivated exceptional blueberry plants for customers all over the globe. We propagate, grow, sell, and ship millions of plants every single year. Our products are second to none, in part, because we have high standards, superb growing conditions, and most importantly, good people.
If this sounds like a company that you want to be a part of, we have an immediate opening for:
R&D Molecular Lab Technician
As our R&D Molecular Lab Technician, you will be responsible for performing molecular and cell biology laboratory activities. This position requires knowledge of molecular and cell biology skills, the ability to work independently, and the ability to balance multiple processes under tight timelines. The R&D Molecular Lab Technician reports to the Molecular Lab Manager and will work closely with members of the Genomics Lab, as well as other departments such as the Tissue Culture (TC) Lab, R&D, and nursery.
This position is in a Plant Laboratory setting, requiring knowledge of molecular and aseptic techniques, as well as knowledge of molecular and cell biology skills. The R&D Molecular Lab Technician requires a bachelor’s degree, or similar, in a biological field, and +1-year experience working in a molecular biology laboratory setting.
• Performs DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, and gel electrophoresis.
• Performs ELISA/PCR/qPCR assays for targets of interest.
• Assists with the optimization of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and participates in the development of new lab processes.
• Prepares and handles solutions, media and reagents according to specification for the required assays. Note that the work may require the handling of biohazardous materials.
• Responsible for registering data and ensuring accurate records for all lab processes are kept up to date.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and general database to prepare reports and collect data.
To apply for this position, please apply Careers page: www.fallcreeknursery.com/careers.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® offers a competitive salary and benefit package which includes health, vision, and dental insurance, paid time off, and profit-sharing plan. This position requires an executed confidentiality and non-solicitation agreement upon hire. Employment offers are contingent on meeting our drug testing, background and reference check standards.
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery® is located just outside of Eugene in a beautiful country setting. We have been serving the needs of commercial fruit growers, nursery stock growers and garden centers throughout the world since 1978. EOE
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.