Real Estate Accountant Featured
975 Oak Street, Suite 950
The Citizens Building is a commercial real estate development located in downtown Eugene.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The position is responsible for maintaining the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization. The position is primarily responsible for Accounts Receivable and Payable processing, Payroll processing, financial statement and budget preparation, tenant reconciliations and other bookkeeping duties. This position reports directly to the Property Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Full cycle accounts receivable processing including year-end commercial tenant operating expense reconciliations.
- Cash receipts processing and bank account reconciliation.
- Full cycle accounts payable processing including 1099 preparation at year-end.
- Payroll and tax preparation.
- Fixed asset and capital improvements accounting.
- Month-end and year-end; reconcile balance sheet accounts, preparation of general journal entries, analysis and review of income statement accounts, preparation, and review of financial statements.
- Budget preparation including fixed asset and capital improvements.
- Preparation of personal property and real estate assessments
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must be highly accurate by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a good problem solver and have a willingness to improve processes.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to perform outside of normal job duties, and a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in accounting and keep current with developments and trends. Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping is required.
- Experience with Quickbooks or advanced ERP systems is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work area is indoors in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
- Approximately 90% of this position’s duties require use of a computer, sitting most of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter explaining your accounting experience along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.