Job Title: Network Engineer
Apply on Lane Community College's Applicant Portal
Division/Department: Info Technology Department
Our Information Technology Department is seeking to hire a Network Engineer.
- This position is not remote. Physical presence on campus is required.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Ensure all experience and education are detailed so we fully understand your credentials.
- Lane’s robust Benefits package includes a generous contribution toward medical, dental and vision insurance, basic term life insurance, long-term disability, vacation leave, personal time and paid sick leave.
- All employees are compensated through electronic direct deposit.
- New employees may not be placed on the salary schedule higher than any current employee in this classification with the same or greater number of years’ relevant experience.
Full-time; Generally Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Variable work hours based upon department needs; Mornings, evenings and weekends may be required.
A two-year (2) degree with significant course work in computer science, network/systems administration or related field.
Three (3) years professional experience including any combination of Cisco Router/Switch administration, HP switch administration, Juniper switch administration, wireless configuration, wired configuration, network troubleshooting, knowledge of networking services and common networking protocols, experience with network monitoring.
Conditions of Employment:
- Successful applicants are required to pass a criminal background check.
- Lane employees must work and reside in the state of Oregon at the time their work is being performed.
An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered for meeting minimum qualifications. Applicants are responsible to show how their personal training and experience would qualify them for the position.
Work as part of a team to administer and maintain multi-campus network, including core networking, virtualization, servers and services; ensure system availability and reliability.
- Manage the network backbone and infrastructure, multi-campus WANS and external network connectivity.
- Manage Internet connectivity, and troubleshoot/problem solve at a level with College-wide implications.
- Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
- Use best practices in design, configuration, and documentation.
- Maintain, upgrade and integrate multiple network operating systems and applications.
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Responsible for Installation/Upgrades of storage hardware/software/firmware;
- Monitoring and reporting of deployed infrastructure capacity, performance, availability, efficiency;
- Maintains Unified Communications, VoIP, and any related equipment, services, and platforms.
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
- Familiar with configuring NFS, SAS/SATA, Fiber Channel, and iSCSI communication.
- Ensure system security and system hardening.
- Use critical thinking and decision-making to analyze, evaluate, reason, and arrive at independent conclusions. Troubleshoot complex problems at enterprise levels.
- Maintain authentication and identity management mechanisms.
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of specialty areas.
- Capable of substantial integration of tasks from other specialties to achieve expected results. Understands problems from a broad, interactive perspective. Is able to develop and implement information in new ways. This is uncharted work and requires creativity and research skills.
- Demonstrates expertise using consensus-building techniques to build understanding and cooperation to expedite work and achieve results where divergent opinions exist.
- Work is subject to general direction with limited supervision during work progress. Employees may deviate from established procedures as long as end result meets standards of work acceptability. Review of work results usually occurs at the completion of tasks.
- Work without direct supervision.
- Participate on teams and committees supporting IT and college goals.
- Work with teams to develop and implement network infrastructure designs, published site standards, and recommended upgrade strategies.
- Problem solve and manage sensitive information with appropriate awareness of FERPA. standards; maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the privacy needs of students.
- Perform network monitoring and diagnosis of issues and provide recommendations.
- Mounting and setup of equipment (network switches, UPS units, access points, and similar equipment).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equity and Inclusion
- Demonstrate Lane Community College’s core value of social justice by ensuring equity and inclusion skills such as respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing of cultural and personal differences. These are the basis of employee and student interpersonal communications and relationships and are applied to all position responsibilities.
- Duties are carried out respectfully inclusively, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, social class, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, nationality, age, language, origin or employment status.
- Must demonstrate an active concern for meeting the needs of students, staff, and the public.
- Actively assist with ADA compliance in conjunction with Lane Community College’s Human Resources and Disability Resources departments; support appropriate access for persons with disabilities to facilitate student and staff success; mentor and role-model cultural competency for persons with disabilities.
Apply on Lane Community College's Applicant Portal