Annual Salary negotiation begins at $75K/annual. DOE
General Description: This is a full time, fast paced position which requires supervising staff and working under strict deadlines. The Human Resource Director drives the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, and administration of the human resources function at Mountain Rose Herbs. The director is responsible for communicating the company culture to employees and ensuring that culture is reflected in the management practices throughout the company. They are required to continuously innovate and improve the HR function and carry out effective and timely implementation of systems, policies, workforce planning, recruiting, staff development, employee engagement, legal compliance and record keeping, employee relations and retention, compensation, benefits, and payroll administration. This position requires a true strategic expert who is highly organized, forward thinking, collaborative, and competent in all aspects of interpersonal communication.
The Human Resources Director coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the Executive team, to assist and advise company leadership about Human Resources issues.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- HRCI and/or SHRM Certification required or attained within one year of hire. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of HR management experience partnering directly with senior leadership
- Several years’ experience managing the HR department for a company with a workforce of at least 100 people, food processing or manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Experience supervising and developing staff
- Experience implementing strategies and systems for talent management, compensation and benefits, and HR technology
- Exceptional organization, ethics, business acumen, strategic, and leadership skills
- Comprehensive working knowledge of employment laws and other compliance issues to include direct experience in overseeing external audit compliance
- Ability to listen and understand underlying needs and/or root cause of an issue
- Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive, and strategic guidance
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Ability to identify, influence, and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieved desired goals
- Outstanding judgement, empathy, sensitivity, and high discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365/Office Suite, especially Excel, and HR system applications
- Must have the ability to perform quick and accurate work with a strong attention to detail and organization.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must be able to drive to satellite locations as needed.
- Strong typing, computer application, communication, and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Thorough knowledge of HR functions to include reporting, record keeping, and audit requirements.
- Understand the critical nature of confidentiality in the workplace and especially the protection of confidential employee/employer information contained within the HR Department.
- Should always be aware of, follow, and enforce rules laid out not only in the Employee Handbook but any/all applicable laws and guidelines for employee privacy, confidentiality, etc.
- Position requires the ability to "shift gears" at a moment's notice with a professional demeanor.
Essential Job Functions:
- ·Dependability: is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback for improved performance.
- Follow MRH procedures and protocols
- Develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Partner with the leadership team to define company culture and formulate, develop, and implement a plan to achieve the company’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Regularly engage in direct and timely communication with the EVP/CFO and CEO on key human resources matters, especially regarding external audits
- Support and manage MRH’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals and the company’s Diversity Policy.
- Work directly with Controller and EVP/CFO on periodic external audits.
- Innovate and streamline the HR strategy and procedures on a continual basis, keeping HR staffing needs to a minimum.
- Oversee recruitment efforts to ensure that the organization is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates while keeping recruitment low.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities.
- Identify ways to maximize staff retention and productivity, including strategies to enhance employee engagement and satisfaction, leadership and staff development, regular feedback and coaching, and promoting a coherent company culture that positions Mountain Rose Herbs as an employer of choice both in the industry and geographical area.
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the company’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching, collaborate effectively when co-managing staff, and encourage staff to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations, to include identifying when legal counsel is required.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local, state, and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee files and records are properly and securely maintained.
- Ensure the company has a competitive compensation system and benefit package to attract and retain staff, including regular analysis and review.
- Design and implement a strategy to optimize and integrate HR technology.
- Lead and develop a team of four staff.
- Coordinate, oversee or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Maintain any/all relevant personnel records both physical and electronic.
- Clear and concise documentation of all HR related matters
- Other duties as assigned